4/10/2013

Lazy late lunch - Chicken salad with Strawberries


The food is so important to me. I love eating, I love enjoy while I am eating, I love going to the new restaurants in places all over the world and especially I love cooking at home.

For me doesn`t matter how starving I am but if I have idea to cook something for the lunch or dinner - I will wait starving but I will cook that thing first. It`s very important for me to eat nice food which I like, so I can spend lots of time preparing that. Also, everything on the plate has to look attractively, so I care a lot about how it looks. I have even a theory that a good looking food is cheering you up, getting all the bad mood away and helps to stay with a smile upon your face for the rest of a day. It`s like a self-helping spell or meditation, however you call it.

So last day I got back from work very starving but I ivented this in my head on the way back:


It`s very tasty, fresh, light and EASY to make!

If you are interested, here is a recipe (for 2 persons):

- Chicken breasts (I used 2 quite big ones but depends)
- Strawberries
- Feta cheese (I used a regular one and an another one with herbs)
- Iceberg salad
- Mixture of various salads you like (rucula is my favourite!)


Dressing (all amouts depend from a personal choice):

- 5 table spoons of virgen extra olive oil
- 2 table spoons or natural yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tea spoon of mustard sauce with seeds
- 1 tea spoon of black currant jam
- 1 tea spoon of Modena balsamic vinegar (optional)
- sesam seeds


1. Fry chicken breasts chopped in cubes on the pan with a little bit of olive oil and salt. Leave the chicken to cool down.
2. Put all the salad leaves in a bowl, add cubes of feta cheese and pieces of strawberries.
3. Add on top of the salad cooled chicken cubes.
4. Take a glass and put all the ingredients for the salad dressing and mix them together.
5. Pour the dressing all over the salad and IT`S DONE!

P.S. In the picture you can see little snacks I prepared next to the salad. Those are Finn Crisps (or you can use any similar thin and sliced bread) with a little bit of Philadelphia cheese on top and green olives, some oregano.


On the plate:



Enjoy every piece of life!

Eve

2 comments: